Crawl Space Encapsulation
At Delaware Spray Foam, we provide Crawl Space Encapsulation, which creates an airtight vapor barrier that locks moisture out of your crawl space.
Why Encapsulate Your Crawl Space?
A vented crawl space invites outside air into your home. Humid outside air allows condensation to form on metal ductwork and pipes, floor joists, and other surfaces. No amount of ventilation can solve this problem once it has begun. Condensation causes wood rot and mold, attracts termites, and reduces air quality within the home.
When done properly, encapsulating your crawl space eliminates these issues. Proper encapsulation, provided by the professionals at Delaware Spray Foam, includes installing a vapor barrier over the floor and walls, sealing off the existing vents, and insulating the walls. Once these steps are taken, what remains is a crawl space that is clean, consistently dry, and can easily be conditioned.
Crawl Space Encapsulation by Delaware Spray Foam
At Delaware Spray Foam, here are the steps we take to encapsulate your crawl space:
- We examine the grading of your property and personally inspect your crawl space to determine if an additional drainage system—such as a French drain or sump pump—is necessary.
- We install over the floor a 12- or 20-millimeter crawl space liner, which is then sealed around all floor penetrations and wrapped and sealed around any concrete piers.
- Next, we close off the existing vents and apply closed cell spray foam directly to the exterior walls.
- The foam is then sprayed, starting at the floor, overlapping the liner, and extending up the wall to the floor above. Unlike foam board, which has numerous edges and gaps to be taped and caulked, spray foam insulation is not only continuous and monolithic, but also acts as a waterproof vapor barrier as well.
- With the crawl space walls now properly insulated, the old fiberglass insulation that was constantly falling from the ceiling can now be removed. The homeowner is left with a crawl space that is clean, dry, and energy efficient.
Contact Delaware Spray Foam for Crawl Space Encapsulation
When you need Crawl Space Encapsulation for your Delaware, Pennsylvania or New Jersey home, contact the professionals at Delaware Spray Foam. Call us at 302-234-4050, or email us.
Crawl Space BEFORE Encapsulation
Crawl Space AFTER Encapsulation